Sunday, January 25, 2009

ch. III






3 comments:

Carla said...

I really like these Jess, especially the one with the shoulders, they are very interesting....

is this still digital?

Calamity J.A.N. said...

unfortunately yes.

new pentax coming in the mail this week!

WynnMan said...

Hooray for film pentax! you'll get better technical results. May i suggest also Oriental multigrade/satin finish.

I feel this set may be stronger than your first. Definitely feel the ones with out the black clothes on are much stronger. Your second series I believe is stronger due to the obtuse body formations combined with better camera angle/viewfinder perspectives. The body in this recent series explores new bodily shape as opposed to some of the frontal shots in the first series. Your body in this 2nd series seems to call for equal portions of balance in flux with the negative space & flat shapes. The only one I think could be reworked is the one with just your legs. It needs more of you to balance it out. Or a macro/intimate view of your feet/legs and their shapes. I really think the arms images is quite strong. The awkward torque of your wrists and forearms makes for interesting shape and character. It also prescribes one of my favorite elements of photography which often times gets overlooked and that is FORESHORTENING. It can offer so much depth and possibility.

Thanks for sharing. These definitely keep refining and improving no doubt about it.